Tuesday 12 June 2018

At My Childhood Home in Ankara - Pictures from 1987 and 2017

Until I was about five years old, my family lived on the top floor of an apartment building with peculiar, green-tinted windows, in the Çankaya district of Ankara, Turkey's capital city. I fondly remember the green windows, and a sense of warmth, family, order and safety...





Afterwards my family and I moved to Istanbul, where, aside from a few work-and-study-related foreign episodes, I still live to this day.

Whenever I visit Ankara, I always pass by our old family apartment. It still stands, full of life-sustaining memories... Our old home was on the top-right portion of the building in this photograph, with an open window. One of my life ambitions is to move back to this house, sometime in the future...

www.cmkosemen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment